- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
At Harmony Chiropractic Center, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic care to each and every patient. We have included information below about the different chiropractic services offered in our Roswell chiropractic office, but please call us at 404-400-3332 if you have any questions!
Adjustments, or manipulation as they're sometimes referred to is the minor movement of vertebrae in the spine. The objective of this movement is to realign vertebrae that have moved out of place for a number of reasons ranging from normal daily activity to trauma such as a car accident.
When these vertebrae are out of place, it has an overall systemic effect from muscular to the central nervous system. Without proper alignment and flow of all nerves and systems in the body from the brain, we can't function at our peak.
An adjustment is often a pressure from the chiropractor utilizing the hands or an instrument to move a vertebrae back into place. This happens with a quick movement and is often without discomfort. You may hear a noise that sounds like you're cracking your knuckles referred to as joint cavitation. It is the release of gases such as oxygen and nitrogen from the joint.
Overall, adjustments are an excellent way to keep the body functioning at its highest level. When the body is in alignment, the body is able to respond and perform as it was designed to.
PREGNANCY & CHIROPRACTIC
Chiropractic care during pregnancy assures for a more comfortable pregnancy and is to help facilitate an uncomplicated labor and delivery. By using the Webster Technique, a specific analysis and adjustment, women are able to see relief in headaches, neck, mid back, and lower back pain, sciatica, and carpal tunnel. The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/ SI joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved. Women also find that sleeping is more sound and comfortable, an increase in range of motion, physical activity, mood, and well being. Benefits do not stop after delivery; postpartum women receive the same benefits and are able to acclimate to their new life and baby much easier. Babies receive benefits as well. Gentle, soft, sustained-pressure adjustments have been shown to improve colic, gastric reflux, torticollis, ear infections, and constipation in newborns and children. For more information and research regarding pregnancy and pediatric chiropractic care visit www.icpa4kids.org
An extremity is considered any joint of the body that is outside the spinal joints. These joints include the ribs, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand, hip, knee, ankle, foot, and toes.
Chiropractors check extremities for fixations, subluxations, and joint motion restrictions. These problems may be chronic or acute and many people have great relief from their extremity adjustments. The goal of adjusting extremities is to restore the original and proper alignment of the joint which allows it to have normal and proper function
Signs or possible symptoms of an extremity issue that can be helped by a chiropractor:
- Extremity pain or pain in the extremity joint.
- Weakness in an extremity or joint
- Stiffness in the extremity
- Immobility of an extremity joint
- Numbness or tingling in an extremity
- Catching or locking of an extremity joint
10 REASONS WHY PARENTS TAKE THEIR HEALTHY CHILD TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR
1. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development)
2.To support "first class" nerve communication throughout the body-promoting health and wellbeing
3. To help strengthen their child's immunity-encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches and general illness
4. To help resolve breastfeeding issues and coic
5. To reduce the detrimental impact our modern world has on our children's health
6. Encourages children to thrive by supporting digestive strength
7. To help improve their child's ability to learn and concentrate
8. To promote body balance - helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed wetting
9. To help kids stay fun and light hearted
10. To help kids sty in tip-top shape
to read more, and for related references, please go to... www.welladjusted.com/why-parents-take-children-to-chiropractors